.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Its Officially COLD!

We had the first snow of the season on Sunday. It really was only a light dusting, but enough to create panic amongst the natives. Why everyone gets all worked up about a microscopic amount of snow, I will never understand. We saw a snowplow on the way to church which sent my sister-in-law into a fit of laughter. That's what we do around here; we run out and get bread, eggs and milk in case the roads become impassible and we are all faced with starving to death or gnawing off a limb or two. By we, I don't me US, I mean the natives. However you feel about the snow, one thing is certain. It has officially gotten cold. Today we were supposed to have a high of 36 with a wind chill of 21 degrees. While it is certainly not frigid, it is pretty darn chilly. I think, sadly, I will have to pack away my sandals for the year. I wore them Saturday and my sister-in-law asked me what in the world I was doing wearing sandals. I told her I was in denial. She said I was on glue. She's probably right. When my toes turn blue, that might be nature's way of telling me to put some socks on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meg -
Hey! I love your blog! I have one now too! I am new at it, but it will be exciting soon! I am so glad that you have one cause now I can see pictures of the kids all the time! We have to get together soon! I hope that you guys are having a great holiday season! I will email you my blog address. Talk to you soon. xoxo

Cristi :)