Friday, July 27, 2007
Friday, July 20, 2007
Thursday, July 12, 2007
I was pondering what to blog about, since its been a while. I realized that its been awhile because life has been HECTIC! In the past month, we have been in a total of 9 states. (PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA, ME, NH, MD, DE) As if that weren’t enough, Jeff managed to squeeze in trips to Montreal, Canada and Mexico City, Mexico. So, welcome to our crazy life. Here are a few random bits of info from the past month or so:
- James is learning new words constantly: hat, birds, blocks, bunny, doggy, up, down, boots, keys, etc.
- Jeff managed to evade being mugged/kidnapped/robbed while in Mexico by staying in his hotel and only leaving with his translator.
- Jeff brought back three whole bottles of Mexican vanilla, which made Mom, Rach and I very happy!
- Its been hotter than the blazes around here, as Grandma says. Its been in the upper 90’s with 80-90% humidity! Ugh!!!
- Less than ten weeks till the baby is due!
- The baby is a girl!
- We crossed the Mason-Dixon line when we went to visit our friends in MD. Didn’t realize it was so close.
- As if all that wasn’t enough, we have been working to update the big room upstairs, installing wood floor, trim, shelves, etc, etc, etc.
Yummy...Here's the pig, right before they lit it on fire.
Jeff's Bathroom...marble from floor to ceiling
Last week, Jeff traveled to Mexico for business and had quite an experience. He stayed in a really ritzy hotel in Mexico City, and was told not to go anywhere without his trusty translator/guide. The hotel was in a very wealthy part of the city, and apparently the threat of kidnapping/muggings/etc. is very high there. While there, Jeff schmoozed with one of the most wealthy men in Mexico. His 'compound' was complete with a three-story library with glass ceiling and a rain forest in the backyard. While out and about, Jeff had the opportunity to see a suckling pig lit on fire and served up to four of the guys he was with. Now being from Colorado we are not opposed to whole roasted pigs, but, well, check out the picture and see for yourself. It was a little much even for Jeff. Other highlights of the trip included Mexican driving 'rules' and experiencing the lavishness of a five star hotel. I'm just glad he made it home in one piece!