.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Playing in the Dirt

I got to play in the dirt today! The kids and I went to Lowe's this morning and spent the afternoon planting away. Actually, James spent the time digging random holes and pestering his sister. I multi-tasked by planting, entertaining James and keeping him from hurting his sister and keeping Katie happy. I had so much fun being outside and planting things. I planted a variety of peppers, including Anaheim, Cubanel, Cayenne, Bell and Jalepeno. I also planted a cherry tomato and a Big Boy just for kicks. I put in peas, lima beans and some fancy-schmancy colorful beans. I will be able to plant a lot more than I thought I could squeeze in. Tomorrow I will be planting sunflowers, lettuce, cucumbers, a hill (one, uno, ONLY ONE) of zucchini and some basil and cilantro. As James says, 'Yipeee!!!!'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Meg! I can't wait to have a veggie garden of my own someday!! :)