.

Friday, May 23, 2008

And then I melted...

This morning we were playing in James' room. He was building with his blocks and Katie was sitting up chewing on various objects. I needed to run downstairs for something and, crazy as it sounds, I left the two of them alone. I told James to take care of Katie and I'd be right back. I quickly ran downstairs, grabbed what I needed and ran back up. There was James, with his arms gently wrapped around his sister, holding her. He looked up at me with a smile and said, "I takin' tare of Tee, Mama." And then I melted.

2 comments:

Trish D said...

These truly are precious times. Savor them.

(Said with a sigh as I currently listen to the formerly doting big brother argue with little sis about who finished coloring their picture first)

Jules said...

That's so cute. I look forward to those moments as Jacob is starting to like the idea of a baby. Of course to him it must be a brother, but we're working on him to be ok with a sister just in case.