.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I Have Dirt!!!

To quote my old boss, I am happier than a pig in poop. I have a garden! The patch of grass I had chosen has gone from my dreams into a nice, freshly tilled piece of earthy goodness! Can you tell I am just a tad excited?! Although I had the intent to put in a garden this year, I didn't know if it would happen due to a few small time constraints. You know, unpacking a house, painting, general housework and two little kidlets running around. Thanks to our neighbor, who owns a rototiller, I have my 10' by 20' garden tilled and just about ready to go! The trusty 'Meg-z-tiller' will not have to work so hard this year! The soil is great, loose and without rocks. I think I got lucky with that. I am planning on planting peppers, chilies and herbs. I might do peas or something like that. I am going to put in a few tomato plants, but not my usual 10-12 plants due to the fact that our rototillin' neighbor plants upwards of 50-60 tomato plants each year. Can anyone see some salsa making in my future? I can't wait. I am also thinking about making a little compost bin. Dad, you'll be proud. Nothing like making a little of your own dirt. As Martha Stew@art would say, it's a good thing.

No comments: