.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Today was officially Empty Out The ENTIRE Contents of _____ Day.
Somehow, James has managed to:

a) Empty out the entire bottom shelf of the linen closet so he could hide in it

b) Empty out the contents of his cup onto the table and floor

c) Empty out all the bins on the bottom shelf of our closet, including all my shirts, James’ shirts and pants, and my pants, onto the floor and mixed with the dirty laundry

d) Empty out the entire cedar chest so he could ‘seep in air’ (sleep in there)

e) I know there is more, but my brain is drawing a blank. Despite how is sounds, I do supervise my kids, but those little buggers are quick! And sometimes, when they are entertaining themselves, its just easier to let them play. Good thing he's learning to clean up too!

And to top it all off, when James went into the coat closet to hide, he came out with his feet looking like this:

I looked at his feet and, though I was pretty sure what he had on his feet, checked to be sure. 'Paint, Mommy' James confirmed. So, needless to say, I had to empty out the entire contents of the coat closet to find this:

Sometime in the last few days, one of our paint cans tipped over and the lid came loose and spilled. Fortunately, not too much was ruined. Well, besides the carpet. But it's in the closet so I am not too worried. I also noticed, when I was scrubbing paint off my nose, that I have a nice new crop of white hair growing in right in front. Flippin' sweet, as Nappy Dynamite says. Despite all the nonsense that went on today, it was a good day. We went over and took a nice walk with Grandpa. We had waffles for dinner. All in all, it was a good day. And now I am going to bed!





No comments: