.

Saturday, March 08, 2008

James: The Culinary Aficionado

Auntie Rachel, you'll be proud to know that your little nephew is turning into an adventurous foodie. This morning, at James' request, I made waffles. Actually, I made pumpkin waffles. I sliced up bananas over the top and drizzled them with honey. Quite tasty if I do say so myself. After tasting a few bites, James requested ketchup for his waffles! Although it sounds gross to me, I let him try it. He ate a few bites and liked it so I put ketchup on the rest of his waffle. Didn't you know that pumpkin waffles with bananas, honey and ketchup are all the rage in fancy restaurants these days? Mmmmm....delish! Anyone want to come over for breakfast?

PS. For the record, Rach, and please don't disown him, but James apparently hates marshmallows. He takes one bite and then hands it back to me and says 'no tanks, mommy.'

2 comments:

Phillip and Rachel said...

I don't know how I feel about him not liking marshmallows...He is getting introduced to Peeps at Easter...

Erin said...

I am impressed by his increasingly discriminating palate!

BTW, I also turn down marshmallows. I can't help thinking of the gelatin and where it comes from...