.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

It's The Final Countdown...............

Soon, hopefully in the next day or two, we will know how all this madness is going to end. We have a rental application in hand from the family we used to go to church with. They really want it, so we'll see how everything works out. Yesterday we had two really strange sets o' people come through here. What else is new, right? This guy came through who was a little sketchy to say the least. He sat out in his car looking in for about ten minutes till Jeff went out and waved him in. Then he said he was meeting 'some lady' so he didn't want to look at the house yet. I thought it a little odd that he was meeting 'some lady' he didn't know to look at the house with him. He sat on the very edge of our couch and talked to Jeff. As he talked, I started to figure out that the 'some lady' he was waiting for was me. I don't know what his deal was, but he was confused. I told him I was the one who talked to him on the phone and that I could show him around. In the process, he rambled on about how the reason they have to move in such a hurry is that his girlfriend is losing her house. Always a nice touch when trying to get someone to rent their house to you. He explained how she had an adjustable rate mortgage that kept creeping up, and he finally decided not to pay it anymore. He said to me, quite like it was not a problem, 'You wouldn't believe how quick it is to save money when you quit paying on your mortgage.' To this I replied, 'I bet it's amazing how quick the bank gives you a call too when you quit paying.' He said they don't waste much time. Gee. I wonder why. So him/his girlfriend are getting the boot, and he wants to move in here. By the end of the tour, which was as quick as I could make it, he had also disclosed that he had gone through bankruptcy seven years ago. He also has a dog. When I gave him the application, I noticed that he was shaking really bad. A friend of mine was right when she said that we'll be lucky if we can find a tenant who can pass a UA! ;)

In other news, check this out:

Could it be that spring is around the corner?! The first official day of spring is Thursday, and you know what that means? Free water ice at Rita's! And, if you plan it right, you can hit at least 4 locations within an hour and get yourself a free water ice at each one! Mmmmmm.....

No comments: