.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sesame Street: The Rap-isode

In some strange boost of creativity I have written two whole blog posts for today! Here is the second one:

James has officially discovered Sesame Street. He watched his first episode wrapped in his lion towel staring at the TV with wonder. Watching it reminded me that my favorite characters were Slimy and Snuffleupagus. Don’t laugh. They were my favorites! It’s strange how little it has changed. I swear some of it is the very same footage I watched as a kid. If you pay attention, you can see that the clothing styles are from the 80’s and 90’s. I was lost in reminiscing when a segment came on where the kids started spelling R-A-P. Rap! The kids all started to rap and dance. I know that rap was beginning to have its heyday in the 80’s, but I don’t ever remember rapping with Elmo. Or Slimy for that matter. What have they done to Sesame Street?! Next thing you know they will have Jaime Fox on there singing his little heart out. Oh, wait, he was there singing his ABC’s right next to two fluffy creatures. Next thing you know they will have Shakira on their teaching kids how to dance. And that, my friends, is where I would have to draw the line.

No comments: