.

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Random...bla, bla, bla....

It seems this week has flown by and I haven't blogged much. We're still here. This morning I was scheduled to teach preschool, but Tyler decided to get up in the night and, uh...'get sick.' He woke up right as rain, but Katie took her turn and now she seems fine. I am realllllly hoping it was a fluke thing, and not a virus. In other news, James informed me that they are writing sentences in school. That made me very excited because soon he will be writing awesome phonetically spelled sentences for me to read. I am also quite happy to say that I think my love of reading has been passed on to the kids. James brings a stack of books with him whenever he needs 'to entertain myself.' He brings them to the bathroom, his quiet time, and in the car. Tyler has been bringing books to bed. I found a secret stash of missing books in Katie's room too. Good times! Yesterday we had art lessons and the weather was so nice that we modified things a bit. I have learned (slowly...) that it is better to let the kids play before we start. I used to have them sit down and do their project, then play, but they come over with such excitement about playing. Now, they play first and it seems to work better. It goes like clockwork: the boys find something, anything, that looks like a gun. They start shooting stuff. I remind them of the rules. The girls run around and hover over Tyler. Tyler is not amused. Emma runs around doing the potty dance. (EVERY WEEK!) I make her go to the bathroom. Now, all I have to do is look at her and say 'Emma!' and off she runs to the bathroom. Yesterday, she came out and must have said my name. I didn't hear her, and she said, a little louder 'Uh, Aunt Megan....hello!!!! I can't turn on the sink!' Oh, yeah, how can I forget I have to turn on the sink for her every week. She cracks me up. Anyway, after letting all six of them run around in the sunshine, I had them stand on the patio and I traced their shadow with chalk. Then they got to fill in the details, much like a project we did recently. They really had fun with it. After that, we came in and made sculptures out of Model Magic. For some reason, at the mention of 'sculptures' and 'clay' they got really excited. High times around here, I tell ya! Now that I've blathered on about nothing in particular, I think I'll hit post before I bore you all to death. Oh, too late? Sorry. ;)

1 comment:

Schwartz's said...

F.Y.I. She doesn't have to go to the bathroom, she is just holding her pants! That's the story she tries to sell me EVERY DAY!