.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ugh.

Yesterday was one of those days that just goes from bad to worse. I'll spare you the details, but the day culminated in my discovery that somehow Katie chipped off about a third of her front tooth! Its not a little chip....its really about a third of her tooth. Gone. Missing. And...it can't be fixed. I had kind of figured that's what they would tell me, but I was hoping against hope. I have no idea how she did it. I know it must have happened shortly before I noticed, because, well, it is very noticable, especially when she flashes one of her trademark toothy grins. She's only had that tooth for two or three months and its already broken. Is there a warranty? Seriously, I am pretty upset. I was a kid once, and I know how kids make fun of other kids for stuff like this. I am glad Katie is a feisty little thing and I think she'll hold her own. Maybe we can concoct a story about how she chipped it back in her championship boxing days or in a freak skiing accident. Now if only I can just accept it, since I can't exactly change it. Sorry, Phil, but I don't think sticking a Chiclet up there is going to work. :)

No comments: