.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Some things just aren't right. Prime Example: Jello Molds



Are those olives with pimentos?!



Every thing plus the kitchen sink, and half the contents of the junk drawer went into this!



I wonder how John McC@in would feel if he saw this?



Eeew. Eeew. Eeew. Why would you do this?!

This morning I was browsing on of my old 'vintage' cookbooks. I love looking at old recipes. Except for jello. But I look anyway, because it is just disgusting to read what people used to suspend in Jello. For example, the 'Frosty Cheese Mold,' which includes blue cheese, cottage cheese, milk, whipped cream, nuts, green food coloring and a carton of limeade, all suspending in a gelatinous pile 'o nastiness. It was a toss-up between that and the 'Summer Tuna Mold.' This one involved tomato soup, celery, green peppers, and tuna fish....all held together by, you guessed it! Gelatin! I don't think I'll be making them any time soon.

1 comment:

Trish D said...

I couldn't agree more - my mom still makes a lime jello "salad" with grated carrots and cabbage in it... topped with mayo. The very thought of it makes me gag!!

Perhaps you should make mold a nice centerpiece featuring broccoli and line the serving plate with newspaper :)