.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Breath of Fresh Air (Literally)

Its been getting up to a whopping 50 degrees here lately. The kids and I have been spending a lot of time outside enjoying the fresh air. It is so nice, after a winter of being cooped up. This morning, we built a pretty big and awesome tent outside. The kids had a picnic lunch in there. I have been puttering around in my garden. I am happy to say that my first size-able batch of compost is a huge success! I harvested a large handful of spinach this morning, too. I have never had anything this early so that was fun. Now I must figure out how to keep Tyler out of the garden. He manages to navigate the low fence to get in, and of all the dirt to walk over, he is always picking the places where I have planted stuff. I did fix the narrow gap in the fence that our Houdini managed to escape through last week. I'm sure it won't be long before he finds the rabbit hole on the other side of the yard....

No comments: