.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Miscellaneous

  • I had my friend's three kids over last night while she had back to school night. It is very funny taking 6 kids on a walk. Everyone looks at you like you are nuts. (Probably an honest evaluation) I had Tyler on my back, Emma and Katie in the double stroller, and the rest on foot. I kept counting, then thinking 'where is the sixth one?' and duh...he's on my back. The good news is, I left with six kids and came back with six kids and my sanity. Yipee!
  • Jeff is back at it for the fifth week now, but who's counting?
  • I am at a whopping 199 pounds from my garden. I really feel like going out there and rummaging around for a pound of stuff just so I can say 200 pounds, but the tomatoes are ripening very slowly these days. This year I am experimenting with fall crops like kale, spinach, cabbage, lettuce and radishes (yes, Candi, some will be coming your way :)
  • Did I ever mention that there was a carjacking in our neighborhood last week? While we were out walking? Oh, yes, that was the excitement around our normally quiet neighborhood. (Fortunately, we were walking the opposite way so we didn't see any of it...we only saw police and then helicopters) The robbers were seen to have an Uzi and other guns. They robbed a guy after following him from a check-cashing business (he was a courier) and stole his car and money. As far as I know they haven't been caught. Our neighborhood is generally very nice and quiet, and I had to keep reminding myself that it was an isolated incident and that the victim wasn't a random target.

2 comments:

Phillip and Rachel said...

It's too bad no one took a picture of you with the 6 kids...I wish I could've seen that :)

DayPhoto said...

Oh my! I'm glad you and the group were/are safe! That is a bit unsettleing!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com