.

Monday, May 04, 2009

Hello out there....

After another full weekend spent at....you guessed it....the rental, our list of 'to-do's' is finally getting very short. However, we have the added ISSUE of being told that the township has decided to mandate that we replace our perfectly fine stainless steel chimney liner with a new welded stainless steel chimney liner, to the tune of about $1200. I want to scream. And cry. Anyone want to a buy a house? :) I can't wait till I have my life back, and I can blog about fun and bizarre things (not like how I cleaned out the vanity at the rental this weekend and found that although there was a perfectly nice toilet right next to it, they managed to deposit both the Numeros Uno and Dos INSIDE THE VANITY CABINET! What the heck!)

Anywho, this week is hopefully the week I will plant my much anticipated garden. Its been raining, so that's why I say hopefully. My seedlings are busting at the seams and need to be planted. It is also the week I plan on relocated our pesky groundhog to some greener pastures, far away from my house. He'll have to find somewhere else to forage this summer, because if I catch him in my garden it ain't gonna be pretty. Have you ever seen a ginormous pregnant lady chasing an evil groundhog out of her garden? Me neither, and I don't want to. This years plan includes:
  • Rutgers tomatoes
  • Cherry tomatoes (can't remember the variety)
  • Yellow Pear tomatoes
  • Green Zebra tomatoes
  • Orange Banana paste tomatoes
  • Poblanos
  • Anaheim chiles
  • Some sort of roasting chiles
  • Red Belgian bell peppers
  • Green bell peppers
  • Eggplant, if I can ever get some to sprout
  • Tomatillos
  • Cosack Pineapple Ground Cherries
  • Cucumbers
  • Jack-Be-Little Pumpkins
  • Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans
  • Purple podded pole beans
  • Christmas Limas
  • Black Turtle bush beans
  • Sunflowers
  • Basil
  • Cilantro
  • Dill (already outside)
  • Purple Dragon Carrots (already outside)
  • Chioggia Beets (already outside)
  • Green Onions (already outside)
And to think this is the abbreviated 'I'm pregnant and due in July so I probably shouldn't go too overboard' list. There was so much other stuff I wanted to plant, but that'll have to wait till next year when I can double the size of my garden and reach down to pull weeds without bumping into a human being inside my ever-growing belly. (which, by the way, is garnering a lot of 'wow-you-really-popped-out' comments lately)

No comments: