.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Saga of the Rental

Here's the latest on our rental house, commonly referred to as the 'pit of despair.' The tenants want an extra week to clean it up. Uh, no. They did tell us, however, that their rental insurance will pay anything above and beyond the security deposit. That's good, assuming that's the way it works. We will be getting the keys Wednesday morning and will then be free!! Free to find a new tenant. After relisting it last night, we have already had 5 responses, four of which have already scheduled appointments and use complete (for the most part) sentences. And manners. Also, a guy called out of the blue who was referred by a friend (thanks, Cristi!) and he is coming tomorrow as well. This is the most interest we have had in the house so far, so thatat is encouraging. Pray for a tenant! We neeeeeed one. And here are a few of the more interesting emails we have received about the house. I have not edited them. People sure do know how to make an impression. Punctuation: its highly overated.

im interested in talking to someone about renting the property. please call me
(when I called, he answered by saying 'yeah' and then telling me he couldn't talk and hung up. When he called me back in an hour, he had to hang up again because he was getting another call. The third time, I found out he was a bit rude, and then he told me it was outrageous to ask for an additional pet deposit of one month's rent, since he has one or two dogs, a cat and two snakes. He then hung up on me.)

HI MY NAME IS ***** I WAS LOOKIN AT YOUR ADD ABOUT YOUR HOUSE AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU CAN LET ME KNOW IF I CAN COME BY AND TAKE A LOOK AT THE PROPERTY...IF U LIKE YOU CAN CONTACT ME ***** AFTER 4PM.... THANK YOU

can I see some pictures?
is there a fireplace?
is it OK to install directTV?
can I have the address?

does it have central air?
sorry for all the questions, thanks for your help!


hi do you still have the house for rent and if so can you tell me where in levittown it is and send some pics.thanks

We are looking for house for rent in Levittown.
We are 4 poeple, 2 kids and 2 adults, no pets, no smoking.
If is this house still available, please let me know- I need to know address.

I live in levittown now and would like to see it if we like it are u willing to come down some on the price (this is one of my favorites; like Jeff said, impressive negotiation skilz)



No comments: