.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dirt

We're all itching for spring around here, and the last few days have given us weather in the 50's. Not that warm, but warm enough to go outside and dig in the garden. The kids love to dig. They both have their own little irrigation boots, which they look so cute in. They get their shovels and rakes and go to work. I have no idea what I am going to do when I actually plant something in my garden. We are going to have to designate a digging spot in the yard. James loves to find worms and make them 'houses' to live in (basically, he buries them in little dirt mounds). Katie likes to fish half decomposed remnants out of my compost pile and threaten to eat them. Eeeew! Gotta keep that from happening. I piddle around in my garden, getting things ready for the day it actually warms up for good. My seedlings are growing like crazy, and my garden is entirely planted in my mind. I can't wait. Hooray for a patch of dirt in the backyard!

No comments: