.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Something to show...

Unlike sweeping the floor only to see it covered in crumbs again an hour later, sewing is something that allows you to see a tangible accomplishment. That, and I can be just a little bit creative. Lately I have been sewing a fair amount, and it is nice therapy. My friend Candi the saint managed to finagle her mother-in-law into giving me her mother's collection of sewing stuff. This was no ordinary collection of sewing stuff, though. Grandmom had bags and bags of sewing notions, including a TON of vintage buttons, which are some of my favorite things. I have already done a few projects using my new stash. Here are a few fuzzy pictures of what I have accomplished:

I love this dress. I was going to give it away, but changed my mind. I found a cute little yellow square button for the back closure.
This dress I made for Katie's birthday, although it is too big for her yet.

This bag was an experiment. I used fabric from my old couch pillows just to see how the pattern came out. I used really cool navy blue vintage buttons for the closure.

I made a bunch of bibs and a few fleece hats for my not-so-little-anymore brother-in-law's spawn, who should be arriving any day now.

No comments: