.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

One Of Those Days

Shortly after starting at our new church last year, I ran into a few other non-preschooling moms. Gasp! I recently heard a statistic that 90-95% of kids attend preschool, which puts us in the minority. And guess what?! I don't think my kids are going to be scarred for life, or academically stunted. The other moms and I decided to do a once-a-week 'school day' to get the kids used to playing and working together. We trade weeks teaching and babysitting the little ones, so in four weeks, we each teach once and babysit once. The other two weeks we can run around town footloose and kid-free for two hours. Whatever will I do when it is my turn!? OK, I think I might manage. :) Today was my day to teach and despite leaving early, I got there late. It involved my water bottle leaking its entire contents onto my supplies, thinking I might have lost my camera in the parking lot of a grocery store, going back to the store to check (no dice), going home to check for the camera (no dice), driving there only to get hopelessly lost, trying to call Jeff, calling my Dad to get the friend's phone number, and calling the friend so she could talk me to her house. It was super! But I got there, gathered my wits about me and we plunged in to our craft projects, made do despite the lack of supplies, and had a lot of fun doing it. The bonus was that when I got home I found my camera in the boys' room. I'm blaming Tyler for that one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I really like the concept of having
a free two hours to yourself, sounds great to me. Have you heard of one of those for retired husbands where I could get two hours of free time? If you do, could you send me the info, I would like to sign Doc up, I don't know what I would do with two hours of free time, but like
you, I bet I could figure something out!