.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Walking in the Rain

Even though James could ride the bus, we walk to school. Its about a mile I think, and I am pretty sure I get more exercise pushing Katie and Tyler in the stroller while chasing after a kid his bike than I do when I am running! It is uphill, both ways...honest! Today it is raining and I debated whether we should drive. However, the parking lot at the school is very small and the township has put up no parking signs anywhere near the school. Since the kids don't really mind getting wet, and I don't either, we walked. We started out with umbrellas, but those eventually got ditched. We met Mom along the way and she went with us. On the way home, James was practically skipping on air, jumping in puddles and indeed, sitting down right in the middle of them. We jumped in puddles and ran in the rain. It was pretty darn fun, especially after my (very bad) day yesterday. Now I have a pile of wet clothes and three cuddly kids in their jammies. I can handle that!

PS. James is slooooooowly getting adjusted to school. The only time he gets freaked out now is the moment of drop-off, which we are working out. I am really weary of the whole situation, but I keep trying to see the small improvements and tell myself that 'this too shall pass.' Hopefully soon!!!

2 comments:

Phillip and Rachel said...

:( you should call me and tell me all about your bad day. I'll give you the biggest phone hug ever!

Anonymous said...

I AGREE THIS TOO SHALL PASS, I JUST CAN'T SEE THIS GOING ON WHILE HE IS IN COLLEGE OR GETTING MARRIED, SORRY, JUST COULDN'T RESIST, LOL.