.

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Its That Time of Year Again...

The weather has warmed up quite a bit, and I have been spending lots of time dreaming about and working in my garden. This year I am expanding it in size quite a bit, and trying some new things. The rhubarb I put in a few weeks ago is already up, and I put in asparagus, spinach and beets this week. I plan to add strawberries and a blueberry bush this week. Despite the fact that I am expanding the size of my garden, I still don't know where I am going to put everything. I did add another section solely for cut flowers, herbs and strawberries. Here are a few things I am planting this year, in no particular order:
  • Cabbage
  • Mexican Sour Gherkins
  • Titan Sunflowers (for the kids)
  • Pasillo, Anaheim, Jalapeno and Tobasco Chiles
  • Radishes (James' request)
  • Violet Jasper, Brandywine, Jersey Giant, and Green Zebra tomatoes
  • Yellow and Red Pear tomatoes
  • Ground Cherries and Tomatillos
Jeff does not mind me taking over the yard for my garden, as he does not care for mowing! I am seriously interested in some chickens, but I have to figure out the logistics of that first. Hmm....

Oh, and so far I have not spotted the groundhog, but I am not holding my breath. I am just waiting for him to show up right when the beet greens are up. We shall see!

No comments: