.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Like Jalapenos, But....

For the last few days I have been noticing a strange smell in my kitchen. I thought it was something in the trash, but that was ruled out quickly. Perhaps it was in the sink? After doing the dishes, running the garbage disposal and wiping out the sink (for the 9,825 time) I still thought I could smell the smell. (Sorry if you get that bad 80's song in your head) I figured maybe I was just being a spaz, and pushed it on the back burner. But alas, the smell continued. I finally put my finger on what it was! Pickles! That would explain why it seemed that the smell was emanating from the fridge (which I determined using my basic rocket science skills). I found the jar of pickles, thinking for sure that it had cracked or tipped over or something. But no. Mystery was not solved. So, today, ladies and gentlemen, guess what I found?! A jar of pickled jalapenos spilled in the back of the fridge, dripping down all three drawers to make a nice pool of vinegar-jalapeno-garlic smelling mess. Nice. And we had company today. I wonder if they noticed the smell. I wonder if the smell is going to come out??? We shall see.

1 comment:

DayPhoto said...

Vinegar. Works wonders. Soak a rag and let it set for awhile.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com