.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Random Randomness Version 524.3a

This is totally random, but...

  • I just finished reading Little Pink House, which was a fascinating but infuriating read about eminent domain. It does sort of make me want to join some backwoods militia and quit paying my taxes to a government who uses its power to take people's homes away for $$$$. Ok, enough ranting. It really was a good book.
  • I have joined this Handmade Christmas Crusade on Cr@ftster, which challenges you to make gifts each month to put away for next Christmas. I finished a dress for Katie today, and I have made several ornaments, a skirt and an apron for Katie. The dress I made out of an old corduroy skirt of my Mom's. The other two aprons are for two very special birthday children. James is also going to help me whip up some fun playdough for them. Sewing for James is up next.
  • One of the fine chaps who showed me up on Wednesday seemed to have written the date down wrong on his calendar and thought he was coming Thursday. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I told him I would show him the house yesterday. Again, he showed me up. This time I was smart. I had told him to call me when he was almost there. I did sit around waiting for him to call, but at least I was at home. His excuse? He was stuck in a meeting at work. Nice.
  • While the weather was in the upper sixties the other day, we took the kids to the park to enjoy the weather. Here are a few pictures:

  • And last but not least, James with his 'stirring is weally, weally hard' face. Its tough being a chef, but someone's gotta do it.



1 comment:

Merry Jo said...

Boy, does Katie ever look like James, in that first picture peering through the hole at the playground! So cute! Miss you tons!