.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Chef James

James is suddenly smitten with the idea of being a chef. I can promise you, he didn't get that from Jeff. I think it started with Chef Spaghetti, or whatever his name is, on Curious Ge0rge. Then he saw a chef on Rata-too-e, however you spell that. Anyway, he has been wanting to 'help' with everything I cook. I feel bad sometimes, OK, a lot of the time, because having a three-year-old 'help' is really not helpful at all. Sometimes I want to pull out my hair, so I end up turning him down a lot. I am trying to think of things he can do, preferably without spilling flour on the floor. Last night, I decided to make him a Chef's hat. I had an old white table cloth which I cut up and this morning, sewed it together to make the perfect Chef's hat. Voila! One very happy boy. Then, to keep with the theme, we checked out kids' cookbooks at the library. Now, he wants me to make him baked potatoes dressed like mice and cupcakes decorated like puppy dogs. We'll have to see how creatively we can work some of that stuff into our menu without me losing my sanity while sweeping twelve cups of salt off my floor. But with a face like this, how could you stay annoyed for long.....

1 comment:

Erin said...

That is hilarious! Chef James! Why not? I remember helping my mom all the time in the kitchen when we were kids. Someday he will make you proud with his concoctions!