.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I've tried so hard to protect them....



Please don't turn me in, but my kids have never had mac and cheese. Its not that I am morally opposed to it or anything; in fact, I kind of like the stuff, especially when made with Veleveet@. I just have never made it for my kids. They don't know that there is a difference between kid food and adult food. They just eat whatever we are having and they are pretty darn good eaters. But now...my children have been corrupted. They have crossed over into the land of processed fake orange cheese. Who helped them cross over? Chappy!!! With a certain mischievousness, he sat James at the table in front of a bowl of mac and cheese. James loved it, and immediately began shovelling bites into Katie's mouth as well. Then they asked for more. They basically ate my Dad's lunch right in front of him. That's what you get for introducing your grandkids to processed food! What's next, Dad, chicken nuggets? Purple ketchup? :)

2 comments:

Phillip and Rachel said...

Ok...I guess it's time for me to make them a "mac-n-cheese" with a nice bechamel sauce and some crisped pancetta...at least it wouldn't be neon orange :)

Jules said...

Mac and cheese is reserved for man night in our house ie when I go to work. Not that Dan can't cook b/c he's better than me, but b/c he loves it.