.

Friday, January 02, 2009

Random Thoughts

James is ridiculously rambunctious today. I wish it was warm enough to go for a walk, or early enough for bedtime.

Today marks the end of my first trimester. Yipee!! I got to hear the baby's heartbeat today, which is always so nice and reassuring. James wants to see the baby. 'But where is she? Tan I see her? Is she in your tummy? Tan I see????' (He always refers to the baby as 'she')

My food processor is on its way already. Jeff bought me a food processor for our anniversary and I can't wait to get it!! Hummus, anyone?

Despite the fact that I am due to bear a child in the peak of summer, I am determined to have a garden. Yes, my name is Megan and I am crazy. But, here's the deal. First, I have been planning since before my last one was finished producing, so it already exists if only in my head. Second of all, dang it. I want a garden. Third of all, I figure if I can get it in and mulch the heck out of it, I can mostly just water it. It is easier to go into my backyard and pick some veggies than it will be to pack up three little ones and head to the store. And besides, did I mention I neeeeeeeed a garden? Dirt. I runs in my veins. So, come May you will see me hunched over like a bloated mushroom lady planting my little seedlings. Either that, or you will hear wails of 'help me, I've fallen and I can't get up.'' Should be interesting.

Christmas decorations are coming down. I am partly sad, because Christmas was so much fun this year with the kids. I am mostly relieved that I won't be fishing ornament parts out of Katie's mouth and picking ornaments up off the floor twelve times a day.

1 comment:

Erin said...

As a fellow sufferer of garden obsession, I feel your pain.

Ah, to just see some green right now outside would make me so happy! This is why I'm glued to the seed catalogs.