.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

I am only so crafty....

Yesterday, in a burst of creative energy, I started and completed a fun Christmas ornament to put away for next year. I had so much fun doing it, I might make a bunch more and save them for Christmas presents. So, forget before next year, will ya? Here is a picture of what I made:



My craftiness, however, only extends so far. Last month our neighbor brought over a large bag of venison. I have had venison in the past and never had a problem with it. However, I cannot stand the stuff now! I think it is my official 'Eeeeeewww....I am pregnant and I cannot stand this stuff for the next six months' sort of food. I made chili last night, and thought I was going to lose it just smelling it cook. I have decided no matter how craftily I try to spice it up or mask the gamy flavor, I am just not going to be able to eat it. So, now Jeff has the sole responsibility of eating 23 metric tons of venison chili, as well as the venison roasts, steaks, etc. that we have in our freezer. That is, if I can stand to cook it.

And in other totally random but exciting news, at least if you are James, we had another dusting of snow today. Chappy took James out to play for a loooong time and they both looked like they were having great fun. Three cheers for Chappy!! You've saved James from going stir-crazy for another day!

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

What a cute ornament! And I'm not sure if I could eat venison and I'm not pregnant!

Jules said...

Maybe James can come teach Jacob that snow is fun! I tried yesterday but he wouldn't have it. He's afraid of it! And I couldn't eat any meat while pregnant with Haley! It was weird. I could only stomach a few bites of chicken but nothing else. I'm glad that went away!