.

Monday, June 16, 2008

A Whole Lotta Nothin'

1. I found what might be my new favorite place to take the kids. Don't laugh, but there is the coolest fish store EVER right down the road. It has creatures I didn't know existed, and some I've only ever seen on a PBS special. You can buy them for your very own. Not that I would do that, but it sure is a cool place to take the kiddies. Its like going to the aquarium, but its free. We even saw a tankful of piranhas with little bit marks all over them. Mmmmm...cannibalism. Take the kids! It's fun.

2. The previous owner of our house must have generously supported every charity that ever sent him address labels. Since we have moved in, we have received a blanket, a cool flashlight keychain, stickers, greeting cards, prayer books, a nickel, a prayer 'rug,' and today....drum roll, please....a necklace of the blessed Mother. Just what I always dreamed of. We never know what will come in the mail for him, and it's not like we can forward it to him anyway. Not to sound crass, but he's not going to be wanting the stuff. Anyone looking for a Virgin Mary necklace?

3. James yelled to me in the backyard today, "Hurry, Mama! Turtle! Hurry! Tome see! Hurry! Hurry! Turtle!" I was 98% sure it wasn't a turtle, but I wanted to see what he found. This is what he was pointing to. How creative is that?


4. Here are a few pictures from the weekend. It was a long one. Jeff worked all weekend at my parents installing Pergo. James was/is on the edge of a toddlerhood crisis, whatever that is. He's having issues, poor guy.



3 comments:

Phillip and Rachel said...

...you will need to email me that pic of Katie and I...also, after playing with James this weekend, I know that the little man still loves me:) I can go on now!

Erin said...

Is the "turtle" a peach pit? That was my best guess.

Anonymous said...

Yep, its a peach pit.