.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Why Ask Why?

Jeff is an engineer. That being said, sometimes he clings too dearly to logic. He tries to make sense of it all, because after all, there is a logical reason for everything. Right? Wrong. At least not when you are dealing with a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and a 1 year old. He asks questions like 'Why is there a petrified apple core in your houseplant? Why are there Lincoln Logs in our bed? Why is my cell phone out of place?' And what am I supposed to say? Um...the kids did it. That should explain it. The other night he took a look inside James' piggy bank and asked, fully expecting a logical answer, 'Why is there a Butterfinger wrapper in here?' In response he got a blank stare from James, and a helpful 'Well, I'm thinking one of the kids put it in there because they could' from me. Poor Jeff. Sometimes you just can't win. Now if only someone could tell me why I just found the TV remote floating in the toilet?

1 comment:

DayPhoto said...

Because they wondered if it would float.....

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com