.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Super James!

This morning part of our art lesson involved the need to scavenge for leaves. (Pictures to come) I took the kids down to the green belt, or 'the swamp' as Noah calls it. (Oh, yay, I really love the swamp!!! Noah said) As we were coming back we saw my adorable elderly neighbor lady and her granddaughter. Turns out they got locked out of her house. The neighbor that could have helped was away on vacation and it was a dilemma to be sure! I told her I thought I could coax James to go through a window and open the door. The window was pretty high, but James said he would do it. When he got cold feet, I did what any self-respecting mother would do and whispered in his ear 'I'll give you a dollar!' Well, that did it. I hoisted him up and he was able to go in, open the front door and save the day!! She was so happy and kept saying in her sweet German accent 'Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!' She then proceeded to invite all six kids inside, where she first gave James candy, and then the rest of them, and then another round for good measure. Then she went back to her cabinets and gave James an entire package of E.L. Fudge cookies (a blast from my past!). By the time we left we were loaded up with more treats than Halloween, and the kids didn't know what had hit them! James got many hugs from her, and it wasn't too long later she sent her granddaughter back with a spare key and another bag of lollipops. Fortunately we still had time to finish our project. What a morning!

1 comment:

DayPhoto said...

This will stay with James forever! What a cool thing to have happen.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com