.

Monday, November 15, 2010

No!!!!

Yesterday James told me he didn't need me to tuck him in for his nap. Every few days he has been telling me this. So yesterday, he told me that he liked to tuck himself in because it makes him feel like a big boy. No!!!!! I could seriously sit down and cry, just thinking about how fast he is growing up and how someday, apparently soon, he won't need or want me to tuck him in. (At least he still wants me to tuck him in every night....) On top of that I keep thinking about him starting Kindergarten, and how that will be the beginning of new independence. That will be good for him. The things I don't look forward to are him learning about bullies and social 'clicks.' I am most dreading is the whole comparison thing. I don't want him to start thinking 'Well, so-and-so is better at this than I am.' I don't want him to give up what he loves because he isn't good enough, or because the other kids are doing something different. I know that its all part of life but sometimes I wish we could move to some very remote location where nothing bad ever happens. (OK, there is no such place, but...)

In other news, the little Menace, AKA Tyler, has learned to crawl up in the bay window without climbing on anything else. He stands on the baseboard, reaches up with his little grippy toes, and hauls himself up. It really is quite a feat since the window isn't exactly low to the ground!

2 comments:

DayPhoto said...

It's always so sad when they come to a milestone and then pass it. You will have many more these all the rest of your life.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Erin said...

I know it must be hard... but you have to think about what he'll be like when he's 30. If you don't allow him a little independence, he'll be living in your attic, expecting you to tuck him in every night. Weird...