.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

I kicked Martha Stewart's butt today...(James' Birthday)

My baby boy is turning four today! I keep saying he's 'turning four,' but really he is four. This morning we went to the mall for a special birthday outing. James loves to go to Sears and see the tractors (lawn mowers), so we did that. Then we went to the food court to get a treat. I thought about ice cream, but didn't want the mess. James thought a pretzel sounded good so we went and ordered them. That place was a rip-off!!! Good pretzels, but a rip-off. Five bucks for two stinkin' pretzels. But I digress. I got them a cinnamon sugar one to share. Who was worried about the mess? Well, don't ever give your kids a cinnamon sugar pretzel to share. In about 3 minutes they will have little five o'clock shadows made out of cinnamon and sugar. But they thoroughly enjoyed it! During their naps, I did the following:
  • Made two loaves of multi-grain bread from a new recipe
  • Made a huge batch of cinnamon rolls
  • Roasted a chicken
  • Located the jammies I hid from James (and myself!) and sewed the button holes and buttons
  • Picked said chicken
  • Cut the tops off of four of our Jack-Be-Little pumpkins, hollowed them out, filled them and got them ready to bake
  • Made chicken poppy seed casserole
  • Baked bread
  • Put pumpkins and poppy seed casserole in oven
  • Started a big pot of stock with the chicken carcass
  • Sat down to write a blog entry instead of wrap James' presents which I really should be doing right now but I am too tired too
So, I think its safe to say I may have outdone Martha today, especially since I grew my own pumpkins, but unlike Martha, I do not have 'people' to do my dishes. Darn.

Tomorrow I hope to post some pictures of James and Katie, but for now, I've got a few more things to do...is it bedtime yet??????


Happy Birthday, James!!! We love you very much!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the cinnamon buns were very, very, decadently delicious. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Why thank you, anonymous! I am glad you enjoyed them!