.

Monday, September 14, 2009

The Coat


Here are a few pictures of the coat I made for Katie. (Click on it to make it bigger) I am very happy with the way it turned out, especially since I have never made a coat before. It also has hidden pockets which were a first for me. The coat fabric I found at a yard sale for 50 cents and washed it several times to get the musty smell out of it. The lining fabric I also found at a different yard sale and knew I'd find a good use for it. The buttons were from Grandma Kate Heppner's button box, and were perfect for the coat! She would be proud, I'm sure, except I didn't include any sparkly lace or sequins which she loved to sew onto anything and everything. :)

5 comments:

Trish D said...

That is BEYOND adorable!!!!!! That lining fabric is c-yute, and I love the color with the very "grown-up" feelign houndstooth. 15 thumbs-ups from me!

Phillip and Rachel said...

You upcycling genious!

Ashley said...

I would love to have a coat just like that!! It is so cute! Do you do adult sizes, too?! ;)

DayPhoto said...

You are amazing! All I can say is WOW!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Erin said...

Beautiful! I'm a little jealous!