.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Its Monday...

...and I am actually happy about that. After a crazy weekend of house painting, Monday seems a welcome reprieve from the weekend. I think I still have my sanity, but I could use some rest! To recap, we spend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the 'old house,' formally known as the Pit of Despair or the Rental House. We bought a sprayer (which is totally worth the money), and went to town painting the house. I shouldn't say we. I was more of the runner/helper/kid wrangler/landscaper/misc. type person. We had a lot of wonderful help, including my dad and a bunch of people from church. Oh, and our realtor came over and did some weedwacking! Yeah for our realtor! Thanks to all our helpers, we have succeeded in nearly finishing the entire house (pictures to come), mowing the lawn, doing some needed cleaning inside (light fixtures, etc.) and even one shed has been painted (except trim). I was also able to pull out all weeds, plant flowers, put down mulch, rearrange the bricks out front, and pick up a few more handfuls of broken glass. Phew! We are all exhausted, but very grateful for all the progress that was made, and for all the kind people who used their weekend to help us get 'r done!

1 comment:

Erin said...

The house looks great. I'm sure you increased the chances of selling it for a good price with all that hard work.

I'm sure it's frustrating to do that much work on a house you don't even live in anymore! But, it's almost over...