.

Friday, June 26, 2009

What happened to this week?!

No more outings for me until the baby is born, darn it! This week has been nuts. What day is it, anyway? Tuesday my sister came down and spent the day. It was absolutely glorious, but totally tiring. We started at 9:30 am, and by 3:00 pm, we had successfully made a batch of Blueberry Lime Jam, a batch of Blue-barb Jam (isn't that fun to say?!), and a batch of sugar cookies rolled in Lavendar-infused sugar. The verdict? Yum. Except the lavendar sugar wasn't exactly as potent as I'd expected. Somewhere in there we managed to talk about just about everything under the sun, and then some. By the end of the day, I felt like I was going to collapse. The next day just so happened to be a busy day too. A friend of mine has a membership to a CSA and they had unlimited strawberry picking. We went there with the kids and attempted to pick strawberries. I say attempted, because my efforts were interrupted twice due to James experiencing tummy troubles and porta-potty fears. This involved me trekking hurriedly across several muddy fields with James in tow to reach the outhouse in time, twice. Overall, it was very fun, but of course it wore me out even more. Now I have three big quarts of strawberries sitting in my fridge waiting to be made into jam. That, and I have to price a few more mountains of stuff for my yard sale tomorrow. Phew! I need to be done with all this busyness so I put my feet up for at least 2.49845 seconds before Cheepa arrives!

No comments: