.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Uhhhhh....

Way back in the day, before kids, I went to school for Fine Arts. It was so much fun, and lately I've been hinting around to Jeff that I want to take another class. Alas, that will have to wait til he's done with school. Anywho.....I keep all my schoolwork in two huge portfolio envelopes in Katie's closet. The other day, the kids decided to make a fort in the closet and found the drawings. I was alerted to the fact when I heard James laughing, in a 'I am not sure what I just found but its pretty funny' sort of way. So, I went in and there is James, holding a large drawing from my anatomy class. (Read: large drawing of naked woman) He and Katie were giggling and asked what it was. Well, uh....I mean, how do you explain to a kid that when you go to school for art, you sit around drawing naked people. I mean, after a while, you just look at 'it' as an object, something you have to master drawing. You look at the individual muscles, the shapes of the bones, etc.. I don't even remember what I told them, but it was kind of amusing, them standing there holding up that drawing. Of all the drawings for them to find. :)

4 comments:

Trish D said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning -- although I must admit I'm pretty disappointed there isn't a photo to accompany the story!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Trish, I did think about putting up a picture. :)

Trish D said...

OK, I just have to share a little story from last night:

D was looking at a book about animals, and came across a picture of a reclining tiger. His exact reaction: "Ewww, I see nipplage!" I have no idea where he came up with that term, but I literally spit my drink (thankfully it was only water!)

Erin said...

Ahahahaha! So hilarious!