.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Standoff

Every Monday, the kids clean their rooms. Yesterday, Katie decided she didn't want to clean her room. She told me that she didn't want to and she wasn't going to clean it. I told her she had to stay in her room til she finished it. I figured that she would eventually decide to clean it. (She's done this a few times before, but never to such an extent) Well, she cried. She wailed. She sat quietly on her bed, all refusing to clean her room. This began at 11am. I had told the kids that we would have a special lunch and watch a movie together when they were done. I reminded her of that, but she just said 'No, I just won't watch the movie. I don't want to clean my room.' At about 12:30, I let her come down and eat. Then she went back to her room. Then she took a nap. Then she woke up and protested, again! It wasn't until 4:00 that she decided to clean up her room. Seriously! It was ridiculous, and frustrating, and annoying. We ditched our trip to the library. We stayed inside and waited...and waited...and waited. At least the room finally got cleaned. Ironically, it wasn't even that dirty.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Ah, what a strong-willed little thing she is! Well, it will come in handy later in life...

Anonymous said...

WoW Megan!

Katie sounda like my granddaughter Rebecca and Rebecca is 9. Rebecca doesn't say she's not going to do it, she just doesn't do it. She LOVES to read so when she gets sent to her room, she READS. No skin off her nose. It is a constant battle with her, she has no fear of the consequences. Is that strong willed or what? Guess what. they are both middle children, any connection? LOL

Don said...

So the apple didn't fall very far from the tree!