.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A lot of randomness....

In no particular order, here are the highlights of the last few days:



Jeff was attempting to fix our ancient (circa 1996) 'boom box' the other night. The kids pitched right in to help where they could. As you can see, they wanted to be right there where the action was. I sat and watched and laughed myself silly seeing Katie squeezing in there between the two of them. She got the important job of holding the flashlight while Jeff and James fixed the boom box with, you guessed it, a piece of Scotch tape. And only because we couldn't find the duct tape. We are high class around here, I tell ya!



I took the same picture of Jeff with James in that same sweatshirt, and if I had the inclination I would dig it out. They look so much alike! And this is James' new look. He calls it 'that thing with my eyes.' Then he spins in circles while doing that.


In my frenzy to sew my way through the Christmas season, I have been cranking out projects like a mad woman. I can't show them all to you, since it would spoil some surprises, and we all know how good I am at keeping surprises. I did whip up a tree skirt yesterday, which is in dire need of ironing. I scored a tablecloth on clearance at T@rget for $4.99 and used it to make our first official tree skirt! It even had a nice embroidered border that I got to incorporate.


Here is another project I can put up, since last time I checked James doesn't read the blog. He loves to be wrapped up in a blanket, so I figured he would enjoy having a snappy little flannel lined fleece bathrobe. I can't wait to give it to him!

No comments: