.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Miscellaneous


  • I hitherto therefore declare James to be a master of spelling. Over the course of the year, I think he has missed a grand total of ONE word, EVER, in his first grade spelling career. And he takes a test every week. Every week he brings home another 10 out of 10. Yay!
  • I am still working...almost done....I think?..with the dress. It has been one of those one step forward, two steps back type of things. 
  • Katie and Tyler had dentist appointments today. Katie really talked it up, and how fun it was and how you get a prize and a toothbrush!! And then she freaked out mid-appointment which did nothing to console her already freaked out brother. I ended up barely coaxing Katie to finish her cleaning while holding Tyler who was clinging to me for dear life. Then I sat in the chair while Tyler tried to burrow into me with all he had. Guess what happens when that happens? The dentist gets to look at a closed mouth which is really not impressive if you're a dentist. At least the hygienist got him to open up long enough to count his teeth. Hey, he's got all his own teeth and none of them are yellow so we're good for another six months.
  • We officially have a new oil tank in operation, which is probably not all that impressive to any of you. However, here in good old L-town all the oil tanks (underground) are reaching 60 years old and starting to leak. And you know what leaking oil means? Cash money, baby, and lots of it. Something about the EPA and all that fun stuff. Our neighbors recently had theirs replaced because theirs was leaking and a) their oil bill shot up and b) it was causing some serious contamination. So now after approximately 37 trips to Home Depot, 3 to Harbor Freight, and 1 trip to the shore for the oil tank, we have a fancy new above ground oil tank and everything works!
  • The chickens escaped yesterday. Little buggers are digging under the fence and finally made their escape...into my garden! Errrr!! They ate our pumpkin sprouts and some of the corn shoots. I chased them out with multiple threats of dumplings and chicken pot pies. They even dust bathed in my rhubarb. I officially fired them, until I remembered that I sure do like eggs for breakfast.
  • James and I are doing Farmhands again. Not sure who is more excited about it...him or me. He was concerned that I wouldn't want to do it last week because it was my birthday but for me it was the perfect way to spend the afternoon.

1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

I was alarmed with you said oil tank leak...although, we don't heat here with those all the things you listed ran through my mind. I'm glad you were able to get a new one and ABOVE ground.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com