.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Miscellaneous


  • James had his very first field trip today: to a nearby middle school for their production of 'Beauty and the Beast'. I can't wait to hear how it went.
  • Jeff started studying for his PE exam. In October. That makes me a study widow for a while. I going to try to get a lot of sewing done, and start a new painting.
  • I am almost done with my painting. I finished my class last night, and only have a few things to do on my painting in order to fine tune it. Taking this class was SO much fun, even if I felt like an elder compared to the whipper-snappers in my class.
  • Tyler and Katie spent the morning going between their pretend 'doctor's office' and their beach/ocean set up. They put band aids on their stuffed animals and gave them 'medicine'. Then they got into their swimming gear, goggles and beach hats and went 'swimming'. That is one activity they love to do and every few weeks they get into playing it again. It's pretty cute!
  • I have realized that I am a new recipe fiend. I try several new recipes each week. This weekend I made Challah bread and it came out good. It was the prettiest bread I've ever made with all the braiding. We used it to make French toast, which the kids made sure was Dad's french toast, and not mine. I get no respect around here. But alas, Jeff's French Toast is not only the best thing he makes, it is the ONLY thing he makes. I think James ate 4 or 5 big slices.
  • And last but not least...Grandma....this one's for you! I have taken up knitting again! Poor Grandma tried hard to teach me how to knit. I couldn't figure out how to cast on or off, and I was painfully slow. I made a scarf when James was little and it took me a year to do. I wouldn't have attempted it again if not for all the neat knit and crochet things I see around the web and friends who egged me on encouraged me. I tried it again a few weeks ago and am making a purse for Katie. I have purse part done, and I am working on the strap now. I will put a picture up when it is done, and it won't be a year from now!

No comments: