.

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

SkyMall Delights

While I was on the plane, I amused myself by reading the SkyMall magazine. I was left to wonder: does anyone really purchase merchandise from SkyMall? I mean, it is a whole bunch of overpriced gimick-y nonsense. In fact, I believe they might make 'As Seen On TV' infomercials look reasonable. Here are some of the gems I found:

Portable Infrared Sauna The picture shows some sort of pop-up tent like situation, with a smiling head peeking out the top. It is unclear whether the tent actually allows one to stand up comfortably, but the model is smiling regardless. It can be yours for a mere $399.99 plus $21.25 shipping and handling.

The Porch Potty Rachel and Phil, I think Henry neeeeeeeds this. Below is the item description; they had me at 'scented fire hydrant'.


The Porch Potty gives you a clean grass area right on your porch, patio, or indoors. No more late night walks down the stairs or elevator to relieve your dog. Includes plush synthetic grass, scented fire hydrant, and outdoor self drainage. 

Pet Ramp/Staircase  Is Fifi is getting a little too old to leap onto your bed at night? Or perhaps you find that Fido has been packing away a few too many Beggin Strips and can no longer climb up? No matter! The Pet Ramp and Folding Staircase is here! Why make it hard for your pet to shed their fur all over your sheets? Let them walk right up in style and comfort! It's a steal, for only $179.99.

Hiccup Cure Sticks For only $19.99, you can have not one, not two, but THREE magical Hiccup sticks that are guaranteed to get rid of pesky hiccups in the blink of an eye. Is it just me, or are they charging $19.99 for three glorified popsicle sticks?

Protein Ketchup Do you find that you don't get enough protein from that triple decker hamburger you eat for breakfast every morning? Why bother eating eggs, beans, nuts, or meat...those traditional foods the rest of the world eats for protein. No! Start your day off right by guzzling down a tub of our specially formulated high protein ketchup! For only $1.82 per 1 ounce cup, you can get 15 grams of protein and two servings of tomatoes per serving! At $29.11 per pound, it is a great value for your money. Order yours today!

Justin Bieber Toothbrush I think this one is my favorite. You can choose from a toothbrush that plays Lady Gaga's I Was Born This Way, or two different selections from the Biebs. If they had one that played 'If I Was Your Boyfriend' I would so get it. Bieber fever!! Just kidding. I think that song is hilarious when he says 'I'll be your Buzz Lightyear'. Nothing like romancing someone with references to movies you loved when you were 8.

If anyone has ever ordered from the SkyMall, please 'fess up in the comments! :)

2 comments:

Shay said...

That porch potty is beyond disturbing. Who wants to have to clean something like that?!?

Phillip and Rachel said...

I don't think Henry is smart enough to use the porch potty...he's lazy enough but for some reason I just see that going horribly wrong.