.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Overheard

James: Katie, you hit me!!
Katie: Uh-oh, I better take a time out.

And in other news, after this, the eighth week in Ohio, Jeff will be done!! (Lord willing and the creek don't rise, as we Cheyneys say) I am so excited, though I am trying not to get my hopes up. He has hired two people to replace him so he won't have to be out there. Yipee! When he came home on Saturday, he had a good story for me. Those of you who know Jeff know that he is NEVER embarrassed. I mean, I've known him for 12 years and I can only remember ONE incident that really made him blush. This is the guy who has no qualms sitting on the display toilet at home depot reading a magazine, or climbing up on the display saddles at the Western Implement pretending he was riding a bucking bull. Yep. Its true. Needless to say, he is up for almost anything. Each night in Ohio, he eats at the Mexican restaurant alone. Last week, he asked the waitress to sit him with someone. She was a little to scared to do it, but thought it would be funny. He picked a young couple and walked up to them and asked if he could eat with them. Surprisingly, they said yes. Even more surprisingly, they turned out to be quite nice. They are on staff at a church out there, and ended up inviting Jeff to a special event they are having next week. Jeff said he had a really good time. I would never have had the nerve to do something like that, but I am glad it turned out nice for him.

No comments: