.

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Some of My Favorite Things

Some weeks, like this week, make me reaaaaally tired and grumpy. Too much to do, too little time, and the kids sense that and act accordingly. And by accordingly I mean that they try to test your sanity to the limit. But alas, even on the crummy days there are still things to smile about. So, here's the abbreviated list:

  • Looking out my kitchen window to see James galloping around the yard on his stick horse in full 'farmer' regalia
  • Talking to my friend Erin for a full two and half hours. Yes! 2 1/2 hours. Nap time is grand.
  • Katie's pigtails
  • Tomatoes from the garden, and lots of them!
  • Visiting 'our' farm
  • Flowers from the garden
  • The beautiful new floor Jeff installed
  • Jeff making me laugh, and roll my eyes, every single day
  • Katie calling Tyler 'Ty-weeeer'
  • Blueberry Lime Jam
  • The kids' new-to-us swingset
  • Watching Katie eat a bite of really spicy salsa, then trying to cram her head into her cup
  • Tyler's smile, his happy shrieks, and his chubby legs
  • Friends who will watch my kid and take him swimming and feed him donut holes (makes for a very happy kid!:)
  • Seeing my sister this past weekend!!!! (And you too Phil! You're alright too :)
  • My pile of sewing projects waiting to for spare time
  • A good book
  • Watching James go from totally-freaked-out, loudest-screaming kid at swimming lessons to jumping in, canonball style, as the other kids ask 'Did he just drown???' James said, as he came up with a huge grin on his face, 'I was really having fun!'

1 comment:

Erin said...

So glad to have made the list! It was great talking to you too. :)