.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Party's Over (Waaaa!!!)


Our friend Erin left on Friday. Waaa! We had so much fun, despite contracting various ailments. It was so sad to see her go. Erin and I met in 3rd grade, when I got bused into the 'big town' for Triple E, which was a program for little smarties. As a side note, last night I was talking to someone who grew up in a 'small' town. Out of curiosity, I asked her what she meant when she said 'small' town. Forty thousand, she replied, like it was about as one-horse as you could get. I laughed and told her that the town I lived in was about 400 people or so, although it has exceeded 1,000 people in the last several years. Even when we moved to California, the population of our town there was under 1,000 as well. I didn't live in a town with a traffic light til I was in college. But I digress....I did have a point, didn't I? Erin...yes, we had so much fun. She taught Rachel and I how to make Mozzarella cheese, we went to Lancaster together...without kids!, I learned to make curry, Erin got many sewing lessons, we went to Longwood Gardens, and I made my famous fluffy buns! 


We read books to the kids, hit the Library book sale, watched funny youtube videos, and stayed up late every night, talking.


And I am pretty sure this might never happen again, but Erin made it her goal to catch me up on my laundry. It was glorious! I was completely caught up, and in fact even now I only have one load to do. Fabulous! We had so much fun, and I hope it won't be another 4 years til we see each other again. 

In other news, the Women's Retreat is over. Phew! I am so glad. It was fun, but I am exhausted! I will post a few pictures soon.

2 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

The is nothing like old friends....nothing!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Erin said...

I miss you! And your fluffy buns!