.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rainy Day

Its raining today. Still no snow, and I must say I am ready for some. The kids have been wishing for snow so they can use their new saucer. This morning our furnace died again. Thank God Jeff got it running again. The 'people' are coming out tomorrow to fix it up. We made the appointment almost three weeks ago and that's the first day they could come out! Crazy. Due to the rain, we are having a cozy day mostly at home. We made a quick run to the library for a 'few' books, and came out with a whole stack as usual. I love the library! The kids also entertained themselves this morning by wrapping themselves in blankets 'so they can't see'and sliding down the stairs. It reminded me of the time that my siblings and I got a hold of a dishwasher-sized box and took turns sending each other down the stairs in it. After a round or two, we got smart and padded the box with sleeping bags. I think we did that until we wore the box out, or maybe gave Mom a headache with all the thumping and screaming. After their escapades with the stairs, James and Tyler took turns throwing each other a ball. It was one of those rare moments where I felt like calling Norman Rockwell in...it was so picture perfect and they were getting along so nicely. I love those moments! :)

1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

A Norman Rockwell Moment...they are the ones you remember when you are my age, which is really nice.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com