.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pictures O' Fun!

Here are a few pictures from our weekend. The weather got up to 70 degrees! It was just glorious. Jeff sat outside studying atomic bonding and the modulus of elasticity for his Materials Science class (sounds awesome, right?), and the rest of us played in the dirt. Well, Tyler mostly watched, while attempting to consume clumps of grass and a stray leaf here and there. Jeff took a homework break to build me my first little raised bed. Hooray!! I planted rhubarb in there. Can I tell you how excited I am?!!!!! I LOVE rhubarb and it is very hard to find around these parts. Jeff also dusted off his bike and tuned it up for spring. Tyler showed himself to be a true Groves, as he was incredibly fascinated with the mechanical parts of the bike. Inside his head, I am sure he was thinking 'Oooh, look, someday I will take that sucker apart and redesign it more efficiently! Personally, I think I would make the frame out of unobtainium, and the spokes out of 4-0-2 Stainless Steal, with a tolerance of .0001". That should just about do it.' And speaking of Tyler, let me show you a picture of extreme, absolute deliciousness, and I am not taking about the avocado that is smeared all over his face (although avocados are pretty darn good).......


Tyler is not interested in baby food at all. When I discovered he likes actual texture in his food (really? Rice paste is not cutting it for you??), he has been doing a lot better with solid foods. He likes to feed himself, which as you know means smearing 2/3 of the food on his tray over any and every available surface.

3 comments:

Phillip and Rachel said...

LESS THAN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DayPhoto said...

The 'brain stuff' just zipped over my head, but the baby stuff! Now that I understand. And he loves real food! Good for him.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Erin said...

He's a little foodie!