.

Friday, March 26, 2010

A Franch Post?

I totally fell off the Franch wagon. I think I ran out of inspiration (though I think I still have a few stories). Also, I would someday aspire to write my favorite Franch story of all time, but alas, I don't know if you all will find it as amusing as I. If you are in need of a laugh, you can read one of my other favorite Franch stories: The Tragic Frozen Steer Incident. I have a friend who is an actual farmer and she writes about her farm here. Reading her posts made me remember a funny story from back when Jeff and I were dating. We had spent the entire morning helping some people get their calves branded, de-horned, and castrated. Gross, but did you know that castration can be accomplished by a tiny little green rubber band? Fascinating stuff, I tell you. But don't stop reading here! I won't give you any more details, I promise. Anyhow, we spent the morning doing things that stink very much. Burning hide, blood, dirt, smoke...all those smells mingled together and coated us all with a layer of ripe-smelling filth. We lost track of time and soon I realized I had to go to work. I kissed Jeff goodbye, hopped in my lovely gold station wagon, and drove to work. **Here's a piece of trivia for you: I used to work at a store called the Cowboy and the Lady, that sold Native American jewelry and a whole lot of knicknacks at the Mesa Mall. Everything was always 50% off, and when customers would bring up that pesky little fact I was told to say 'Well, this is our special spring sale' or 'its our weekend special' or whatever. Also, a cute little old couple names Rex and June used to come in every couple months and spend a few hundred bucks. They also once shoplifted something and brought it back a few days later. They thought it would be really funny to see if they could get away with it. However, that has nothing to do with this post and is nothing more than me rambling.** I drove myself to straight to work. Sitting behind the counter, I kept smelling the most rank smell. It was just nasty. I was unsure of what it was, but it was persistent. It wasn't long before I realized that the foul odor was me. Lucky for me I was working alone, since I smelled like the south end of a north-bound mule. I'm sure I scared off a few customers that day.

No comments: