.

Monday, November 30, 2009

A Whole Lotta Nothin'

A lot has happened over the last few days, including, well, Thanksgiving and naturally, our brakes going out all together (fortunately with Jeff driving and in my parents' driveway, Thank God!). The other unfortunate thing about the last few days is that Tyler has decided that sleeping is for the birds and is for some reason getting up less than every two hours. Ugh. Can't rub two sticks together. (Other than that we really did have a nice weekend) So, until my brain cells get back in working order, I'll leave you with this embarrassing story. At about 11am this morning, there was a knock on the door. I was expecting a UPS package so I figured that's who it was. Good thing, since I hadn't yet combed my hair or washed off the previous day's mascara. I opened the door expecting a box and it was my neighbor. It was raining, so of course I had to let him in. There I was in all my scruffy glory with enough laundry to cloth an entire small nation all piled on my couch ready to be folded. As if that weren't bad enough, he was offering us an almost-new table and told me he'd watch the kids for a minute so I could run over and see it. So, I got to show off my unkempt self to the neighbor lady, too. Lovely. And I am sure all the while my neighbor was looking around my living room thinking 'Geez. Someone needs to have an intervention here.' Oh, well. That's the way it goes some days. The table was too small, but someone will be happy to get it since its very nice. Now off to take a shower and do something with myself. Or sleep. Hmmm....

1 comment:

DayPhoto said...

What a nice thing to have them offer it to you first. I love second hand stuff. It's sometimes so much better than what I can afford.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com