.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cabin Fever

It seems that one or more of us has been mildly, but annoyingly, sick for the last month. James had a cold before Christmas, then I got it. I got over it, and James got pink eye. James got over it and then got it again. Then Katie got it. Three times. Then Tyler got it twice. There have also been mild, cold like symptoms going back and forth, currently settled in my throat. And yes, Grandma, I have been taking my lysine and Cold-ease, just like you said. I think it has helped. Last week, Tyler had the mildest bit of a cold, which somehow manifested itself into nightly screaming, coughing and gulping fits every 30 minutes or so, for 5-6 nights in a row. But who's counting? The doctor was a bit puzzled as we were, because he was totally fine during the day with not so much as a runny nose. She finally decided that it might be draining, and had us give him Kids' Sudafed. It has caused us to have two glorious nights of sleep! The doctor felt comfortable giving it to him on a short-term basis, so I shall put aside any qualms I have about giving my kid Baby Meth.

Moving along, I was trying to avoid turning this post into WhineFest 2013 so I will get to my point: I need to get out of the house! Run free! Feel the wind in my hair! The grass under my feet! I tried running through the backyard, but all I felt under my feet was frozen chicken poop. Just kidding. So, despite the fact that it is a balmy 19 degrees with an icy breeze, I took the kids to the park. Bundled the little buggers up and threw them in the car. Oddly enough, there was no one else at the park. Hmmm....could there be a reason for that? The kids had fun and ran off some steam, I got some much-needed fresh air* and we came home. Everybody's happy, happy, happy.

*Last week I didn't run, because I didn't sleep and hauling my butt out of bed at 5:30 just didn't seem prudent. This week, I haven't run on principle. I mean, I don't mind the cold, and I will run when it's 30 degrees, but when you get down into the mid-twenties and teens, I draw the line. If I don't warm up after running almost 4 miles, well, there's just something wrong with that.

1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

I've been sick ever since Christmas...a cough, and general run down, sore throat off an on, but mostly a cough. Sure am tire of it. It would also be nice if I could just have Momma come take care of me for a little while, I'm sure I could get well then. :(
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com