.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

The Stagecoach Is Leaving (Plus A Few Pictures)

Although we didn't find a place to go bike-riding yesterday, James struck gold when we stopped at a thrift store on the way home! He found a toy stagecoach with a team of horses. When we got home we did a little google research on stagecoaches, and James quickly came up with a James-sized version for himself. He loads up Katie (under the blanket) and then takes her to various locations, including Kansas and Virginia. That was a $1.50 well spent, I tell you! It has kept the kids entertained for a day and half now.

I just finished painting James and Tyler's room, and now its on to decorating! Can you guess the theme? Farmer/cowboy. Shocking, I know. I actually have ended up with more ideas than I will ever have space for so I have to decide what I am going to hang up. My friend Linda sent some John Deere wall stickers which we promptly hung up in the 'silo' and on the door. (Silo=closet) I'll post more pictures when I am done. This picture is of an old tray from a printing press, used to hold letters. Now, it holds some of the kazillion little animals James has.


James and Katie in their Cubbies vests! They are so excited to have their own vests.


Here is a picture of our tree during the ice storm. Fortunately, it didn't take too long to turn to rain.

No comments: